KitKat and I are proud and humbled to have been chosen by Anna Lea West, author of “Life is Funny” (and so is Anna Lea, by the way) to receive The Versatile Blogger award. Equally cool is the fact that this award comes with the responsibility of sharing some info about ourselves, as well as sharing some blog recommendations with our readers. Here are the rules:
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their site.
3. Include the Award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate other Bloggers for the award.
6. When nominating, include a link to their site.
7. Let other bloggers know that you nominated them.
Okay, despite being “instructionally challenged” (it’s a real condition–ask my husband), I’m going to call upon all the sequential thinking I can muster so as to execute my responsibilities with the solemnity this occasion requires. Here goes:
7 Random Facts about KitKat & Stormy…
- KitKat and Stormy both work in Marketing and met while working together for a former employer.
- KitKat once did a taped trapeze performance, complete with flashy circus-worthy outfit and boots.
- Stormy’s extended family includes 8 sibs, 32 sibs-in-law, 40 nieces and nephews and about the same number of great nieces and nephews. The last one arrived just last week. (Welcome Baby Jackson!)
- Stormy and KitKat both have daughters who were adopted from Asia.
- KitKat was once an avid rock climber.
- Stormy was introduced to the word “belligerent” by her 6th grade principal–who was using it to describe Stormy!
- KitKat and Stormy have held about 40 different jobs between them, encompassing everything from frying chicken in a gas station deli to selling cars.
Our Versatile Blogger picks–a potpourri of punchy, poignant and provocative posts!
- Thoughts From Paris (Humor) – As a woman, it’s helpful to get an uncensored look at a guy’s thinking, especially when it confirms what we’ve always suspected: Boys are goofy. We discovered this blog when D.J. became our first Twitter follower, so he’s not only funny, he’s brave.
- 3 Minus 3 (Prof. networking/project mgmt–with occasional posts about running) – One of Stormy’s best friends, the kind that would post bail. Tom has had a productive and successful career based largely on his ability to connect people.
- Bombshell Beauty (Beauty tips for plus-size women) – Sara puts together inspiring, accessible outfits with snap and panache, reminding her readers that fashion is for everyone.
- The Blogess (“Like Mother Teresa, only better”) – Good for a jolt of inspiration. Or just a jolt.
- Positively Parkinson’s (Inspiration) – A lawyer with Parkinson’s writes about facing illness/adversity with courage and not losing your sense of humor or adventure. Thought-provoking regardless of what your personal obstacles may be.
- Content Marketing Institute (Marketing) – Is it surprising that two marketers would include an industry blog? Good tips for bloggers as well as marketers.
- The A to B of Cooking (Cooking) – Two friends alternate recipes based on a common theme or ingredient. This double-the-fun/halve-the-work approach to blogging inspired Stormy to tag-team with KitKat. Plus, who doesn’t like good food?